Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Load Cases - Doubt by Adrian82 @ Today at 12:45 AM

Hello Stressers I have a question about Hoop Stress ?? This load case is calculation by CII ?? I asked because I need to check something but I don't know how to build this load case ?? Thanks for help _________________________ Adrian
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Tubesheet acting as a reverse flange by tayyabeme @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

How to design a tubesheet integral with channel acting as reverse flange for tubesheet to shell joint.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Designing a manway nozzle forging acting as reverse flange by tayyabeme @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Trying to design a high pressure enclosure in which manway is attached to spherical head. The nozzle is supposed to be self reinforced also acting as a reverse flange for manway cover Need help in this regard.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: PVELite Tower Deflection by xinquan @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

My question is since both the deflections due to the applied force and the wind load are supposed to be superimposed, why didn't PVELite just added them up to show the final combined deflection? This will mislead the user to interpret that the defl
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Controls options for breaking an element by ccckkkk @ Yesterday at 03:19 AM

Hi Richard , Thanks for your reply, Might it just be user's habit ; sometimes we may forget to override this default setting and need to be back checked. It's just a personal thought to change this function by manually control if possible. Regard
CAESAR II
Zhambul, I've never seen this problem before - and this Discussion Forum has been active since 1999. I tried to access those posts, to delete them, and couldn't. I'll have to contact the vendor of this software and ask for advice. In the meantime
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: User Shape by Vanman @ 02/21/18 11:03 PM

I don't think there was ever a problem ? Offset components require a specific workflow and selection of points to work correctly with the offset SKEYs
CAESAR II
Thanks for your answer.
CAESAR II
In pseudo static seismic analysis, use of viscodamper in C2: I am considering at each location of proposed viscodamper as three snubbers in two orthogonal horizontal directions and vertical direction with vendor supplied equivalent stiffness corres
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Certification Materials by Ray_Delaforce @ 02/20/18 08:45 AM

Hello tayyabeme, I was a vessel engineer for part of my life. The principle for 304L/316L to be dual certified are twofold: 1 That the carbon content meets the requirements for L grade, and, 2 that the mechanical properties meet the requirements f
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: @ can not see forces on rigid elements by NiTiN Stress @ 02/19/18 08:52 PM

Thanks a lot Sir!
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Calculating surface area by MAGONZ @ 02/19/18 11:55 AM

hello, I am a beginner, can you please elaborate on how to develop a custom query?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: About the Forces by Michael_Fletcher @ 02/19/18 10:25 AM

Local forces output assumes the reader knows the directionality of the element the restraint is on when defining Fxx, Fyy, Fzz, Mxx, Myy, Mzz. If you align Global and Local to match directions, and apply a load Fxx=Fx. If you rotate that piping con
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Nonlinear restraint stiffness (not bilinear) by Richard Ay @ 02/19/18 07:52 AM

Actually the stiffness value itself is linear. There is a constant stiffness until something happens - like lift-off, which if that occurs the stiffness goes to zero. Since the stiffness curve is not a straight line, we refer to this as a non-linea
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Buried Pipe Modeller not working by Dorin Daniel Popescu @ 02/17/18 08:58 AM

Muhammad, Read this post and go to the subsequent links... http://65.57.255.42/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=15942&Number=69924#Post69924 You need to delete ALL registries from Caesar II directories (issuing "regedit" command and goin
CAESAR II
Stress range reduction factor is calculated based on SN diagram . it depends on your fatigue condition of structure or piping caused. For more study related to reduction factor see below link http://www.pipingstressbasics.com/2018/02/secondary-stre
CADWorx ISOGEN
Just an update I feel slightly foolish now. Changing the BOM type to Offshore seems to be working. All of my BOMs are either one section for Fabrication or 2 for Fabrication & Erection. I thought I had tried the Offshore option earlier and it did not
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: keywords linking by Matt.Worland @ 02/16/18 08:26 AM

The catalog data is grabbed from the Base Catalog (the catalog found in the Catalog Path in properties) It is then stored in the Project Catalog, a cached version of the base catalog. Then when you assign a field from the catalog, cadworx looks back
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
February
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Forum Stats
11407 Members
14 Forums
15262 Topics