Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Load Cases - Doubt by Adrian82 @ Today at 12:45 AM

Hello Stressers I have a question about Hoop Stress ?? This load case is calculation by CII ?? I asked because I need to check something but I don't know how to build this load case ?? Thanks for help _________________________ Adrian
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Tubesheet acting as a reverse flange by tayyabeme @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

How to design a tubesheet integral with channel acting as reverse flange for tubesheet to shell joint.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Designing a manway nozzle forging acting as reverse flange by tayyabeme @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Trying to design a high pressure enclosure in which manway is attached to spherical head. The nozzle is supposed to be self reinforced also acting as a reverse flange for manway cover Need help in this regard.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: PVELite Tower Deflection by xinquan @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

My question is since both the deflections due to the applied force and the wind load are supposed to be superimposed, why didn't PVELite just added them up to show the final combined deflection? This will mislead the user to interpret that the defl
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: PVELite Tower Deflection by Ray_Delaforce @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

Hello xinquan, Just look at the deflection report in the output.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: PVELite Tower Deflection by xinquan @ Yesterday at 09:21 AM

You mean we have to manually add these two deflections? I am curious why is it not done in the PVELite since they are supposed to be added up?
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: PVELite Tower Deflection by Ray_Delaforce @ Yesterday at 08:29 AM

Hello xinquan, They should be added together in the deflection report.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Controls options for breaking an element by ccckkkk @ Yesterday at 03:19 AM

Hi Richard , Thanks for your reply, Might it just be user's habit ; sometimes we may forget to override this default setting and need to be back checked. It's just a personal thought to change this function by manually control if possible. Regard
CAESAR II
Zhambul, I've never seen this problem before - and this Discussion Forum has been active since 1999. I tried to access those posts, to delete them, and couldn't. I'll have to contact the vendor of this software and ask for advice. In the meantime
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Controls options for breaking an element by Richard Ay @ Yesterday at 12:24 AM

You can over-ride this assumption in the dialog. What would you like the default to be (if not half)?
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: User Shape by Vanman @ 02/21/18 11:03 PM

I don't think there was ever a problem ? Offset components require a specific workflow and selection of points to work correctly with the offset SKEYs
CAESAR II
Dear Administrator, I have recently posted a topic with subject: "Underground pipeline with displacement". While posting it I have encountered some problems with publishing. Now it can be seen that it has been posted several times and none of them c
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: PVELite Tower Deflection by xinquan @ 02/21/18 07:38 PM

Hi Ray/Scott, Thank you very much for the prompt reply. PVElite did the deflection calculation for the applied force separately from the wind load. See attached output results, the deflection due to the applied force is 130.037 mm and that due to wi
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: PVELite Tower Deflection by Ray_Delaforce @ 02/21/18 08:30 AM

Hello xinquan, I forgot to mention what Scott said. I apologise.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: PVELite Tower Deflection by Scott_Mayeux @ 02/21/18 08:14 AM

Hello Xinquan, I can confirm that applied global loads are considered in the tower deflection calculation. If you are expecting the results to differ when you enter in nozzle loads, there will be no difference. You must enter a lateral force in th
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: PVELite Tower Deflection by Ray_Delaforce @ 02/21/18 07:30 AM

Hello xinquan, Calculating the deflection of simple cantilever such as a uniform beam, one have a uniform section throughout its length, can be accomplished with a simple equation. This is one of the first things we learn at engineering school. Ho
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: User Shape by Allen_Moore @ 02/21/18 06:40 AM

Was there ever any solution to this problem? Having the same problem with an Offset Filter.
CAESAR II
Thanks for your answer.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Controls options for breaking an element by ccckkkk @ 02/21/18 05:22 AM

Dear all , Caesar II 2018 provides defalult values for new node number and distance at the halfway point between the two existing nodes. If we don't want to use the default settings ; Can we change this function by manually control ? Regards,
CAESAR II
In pseudo static seismic analysis, use of viscodamper in C2: I am considering at each location of proposed viscodamper as three snubbers in two orthogonal horizontal directions and vertical direction with vendor supplied equivalent stiffness corres
PV Elite
Jump to new posts PVELite Tower Deflection by xinquan @ 02/20/18 09:22 PM

Hi Ray, it seems that PVELite does not combine the input horizontal forces applied to the tower with the wind forces to derive the tower deflection. How can we combine both forces to derive the correct deflection? Your help is urgently needed. Thank
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Question about support type X with gap and seismic by Dorin Daniel Popescu @ 02/20/18 11:07 AM

Hi, Dynamic Analysis is based on LINEAR approach. This means that ALL nonlinear (e.g. gapped or uni-directional) restraints' status is maintained unchanged, as was settled by the reference "Static Load Case for Nonlinear Restraint Status" previously
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Certification Materials by Ray_Delaforce @ 02/20/18 08:45 AM

Hello tayyabeme, I was a vessel engineer for part of my life. The principle for 304L/316L to be dual certified are twofold: 1 That the carbon content meets the requirements for L grade, and, 2 that the mechanical properties meet the requirements f
CAESAR II
Hello there, I have a question about support type X and type Y with gaps. All is ok in static calculations, but when I run dynamic in results I saw that the Displacements are how there is no any support (not counted gaps). Can anybody explain me ho
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Certification Materials by tayyabeme @ 02/20/18 01:46 AM

I came across this scenario. in the case of 304 / 304L dual certified material, there is a significant difference in strength of the material (especially at high temperatures). SS 304L has lower allowable strength due to lower percentage of Carbon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
February
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Forum Stats
11407 Members
14 Forums
15262 Topics